MS13-053: Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Driver Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2850851)
High Nessus Plugin ID 67210
SynopsisThe Windows kernel on the remote host is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe Windows kernel on the remote host has the following vulnerabilities :
- A memory allocation vulnerability exists.
- A dereference vulnerability exists. (CVE-2013-1340)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists in the Windows kernel-mode driver. (CVE-2013-1345)
- A TrueType Font parsing vulnerability exists.
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists.
- A buffer overflow vulnerability exists. (CVE-2013-3173)
- A flaw exists in kernel-mode drivers in how linked lists pointers are handled in PATHREC objects. (CVE-2013-3660)
A remote attacker could exploit any of these vulnerabilities to elevate privileges.
SolutionMicrosoft has released a set of patches for Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, 2008 R2, 8, and 2012.