New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote application server may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 before Fix Pack 6 appears to be running on the remote host. It is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An input validation error exists that could allow cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks.
(CVE-2012-4853 / PM62920)
- The included Java SDK contains several errors that affect the application directly. (CVE-2013-0169, CVE-2013-0440, CVE-2013-0443)
- Input validation errors exist related to the administration console that could allow cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2013-0458 / PM71139, CVE-2013-0461 / PM71389, CVE-2013-0542 / PM81846)
- An input validation error exists related to the administration console that could allow cross-site scripting attacks. Note that this issue affects only the application when running on z/OS operating systems.
(CVE-2013-0459 / PM72536)
- An unspecified error could allow security bypass for authenticated users. (CVE-2013-0462 / PM76886 or PM79937)
- An error exists related to 'WS-Security' and SOAP message handling that could allow an attacker to spoof message signatures. (CVE-2013-0482 / PM76582)
- A buffer overflow error exists related to 'WebSphere Identity Manger (WIM)' that could allow denial of service attacks. (CVE-2013-0541 / PM74909)
- An unspecified error could allow security bypass, thus allowing remote attackers access to restricted resources on HP, Linux and Solaris hosts.
(CVE-2013-0543 / PM75582)
- An unspecified error related to the administration console could allow directory traversal attacks on Unix and Linux hosts. (CVE-2013-0544 / PM82468)
SolutionApply Fix Pack 6 for version 8.0 (188.8.131.52) or later.