IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 < Fix Pack 6 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 66374
SynopsisThe remote application server may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 8.0 before Fix Pack 6 appears to be running on the remote host. It is, therefore, potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An input validation error exists that could allow cross-site request forgery (CSRF) attacks.
(CVE-2012-4853 / PM62920)
- The included Java SDK contains several errors that affect the application directly. (CVE-2013-0169, CVE-2013-0440, CVE-2013-0443)
- Input validation errors exist related to the administration console that could allow cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2013-0458 / PM71139, CVE-2013-0461 / PM71389, CVE-2013-0542 / PM81846)
- An input validation error exists related to the administration console that could allow cross-site scripting attacks. Note that this issue affects only the application when running on z/OS operating systems.
(CVE-2013-0459 / PM72536)
- An unspecified error could allow security bypass for authenticated users. (CVE-2013-0462 / PM76886 or PM79937)
- An error exists related to 'WS-Security' and SOAP message handling that could allow an attacker to spoof message signatures. (CVE-2013-0482 / PM76582)
- A buffer overflow error exists related to 'WebSphere Identity Manger (WIM)' that could allow denial of service attacks. (CVE-2013-0541 / PM74909)
- An unspecified error could allow security bypass, thus allowing remote attackers access to restricted resources on HP, Linux and Solaris hosts.
(CVE-2013-0543 / PM75582)
- An unspecified error related to the administration console could allow directory traversal attacks on Unix and Linux hosts. (CVE-2013-0544 / PM82468)
SolutionApply Fix Pack 6 for version 8.0 (184.108.40.206) or later.