Fedora 17 : tor-0.2.3.25-1702.fc17 (2013-3773)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 65671
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionSignificant package cleanup, including :
- remove dependency on fedora-usermgmt
- merge tor-core, tor-systemd and torify into previously empty tor package
- remove unnecessary /var/run/tor
- disallow group read for /var/log/tor
- use --defaults-torrc as recommended by upstream
- increase LimitNOFILE in tor.service from 4096 to 32768
- torify subpackage should depend on torsocks not tsocks (#908569) Fix outstanding security issues, plus package cleanup torify subpackage should depend on torsocks not tsocks
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected tor package.