Fedora 17 : gimp-2.8.4-1.fc17 (2013-2000)
High Nessus Plugin ID 64733
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionAmong other things this update fixes a vulnerability with corrupt XWD files and a crash with newer versions of fontconfig when gimp is quit.
Overview of Changes from GIMP 2.8.2 to GIMP 2.8.4 =================================================
- Better names for the default filters in save and export
- Make tool drawing (esp. the brush outline) much more responsive
- Remember the 'maximized' state across sessions
- Simplify the splash image code a lot, makes it appear immediately again
- Allow the text tool to start on an image without layers
- Various fixes for text style attribute handling
- Set unconfigured input devices to eraser if GTK+ says they are erasers
- Make libgimp drawable combo boxes aware of layer groups
- Fix item width in GimpPageSelector (used e.g. in PDF import)
- Better default values in the Drop Shadow script
- Fix a whole bunch of bugs in the BMP plug-in
- Lots of bug fixes
- Lots of translation updates
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected gimp package.