RHEL 4 : redhat-release (EOL Notice) (RHSA-2012:1547)
High Nessus Plugin ID 64069
SynopsisThe remote Red Hat host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThis is the End Of Life notification for RHN Proxy Server 5 versions released to run on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.
On December 1st, 2012, per the life cycle support policy, the following versions of Satellite and Proxy products, released on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, exited Production Phase 2 marking the end of their support by Red Hat.
RHN Satellite & RHN Proxy: - 5.0 - 5.1 - 5.2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 - 5.3 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
Please reference the support policy here :
Notes: 1) Red Hat will continue to support RHN Satellite and Proxy versions 5.2 and 5.3 running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. 2) All versions of 5.0 and 5.1 are now EOL with this notice.
Though we are committed to the December 1st date for beginning the process of decommissioning Satellite and Proxy support listed, we recognize that our customers have woven these products very deeply into their processes and may need some time to upgrade.
For upgrade purposes, please note the following dates :
* December 1st, 2012 - Satellite and Proxy support for listed versions running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, ceased to be supported.
Official support ended. Only Severity 1 issues and upgrade assistance will be addressed. Satellite and Proxy will continue to operate, but all customers are encouraged to upgrade in a timely manner.
* March 1st, 2013 - Satellite and Proxy versions listed - active status will be terminated. The Satellite and Proxy versions listed will enter an inactive state. This includes no longer generating nor providing Satellite Certificates to customers requesting them for these EOL product versions.
The overview for the Satellite Upgrade process starting point is outlined here :
https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Network_Satelli te/5.5/ html-single/Installation_Guide/index.html#chap-Installation_Guide-Upgr ades
For detailed instructions on upgrading Red Hat Network Satellite, please refer to the /etc/sysconfig/rhn/satellite-upgrade/README file.
This can be found within the rhn-upgrade package. Before proceeding, it is important to read the complete details, contained within the most current rhn-upgrade package README file.
As with all Satellite upgrades, please ensure that known good backups are available, especially of the database.
How to proceed :
* All affected Satellite and Proxy users must plan to upgrade to a newer version prior to March 1st, 2013.
* If you have a Technical Account Manager, contact that person immediately to discuss upgrade plans.
* Otherwise, contact support for assistance:
* Alternatively, Red Hat Consulting can be engaged to assist with a smooth migration: http://www.redhat.com/consulting/
More information on Red Hat Consulting for Satellite can be found here:
It is critical to ensure you have a plan to upgrade Satellite and Proxy listed versions, prior to March 1st, 2013.
Listed versions of Satellite and Proxy for this notice are: - 5.0 - 5.1 - 5.2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 - 5.3 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
SolutionUpdate the affected rhns-certs-tools and / or spacewalk-certs-tools packages.