SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of SeaMonkey is earlier than 2.15 and thus, is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple, unspecified use-after-free, out-of-bounds read and buffer overflow errors exist. (CVE-2012-5829, CVE-2013-0760, CVE-2013-0761, CVE-2013-0762, CVE-2013-0763, CVE-2013-0766, CVE-2013-0767, CVE-2013-0771)
- Two intermediate certificates were improperly issued by TURKTRUST certificate authority. (CVE-2013-0743)
- A use-after-free error exists related to displaying HTML tables with many columns and column groups.
- An error exists related to the 'AutoWrapperChanger' class that does not properly manage objects during garbage collection. (CVE-2012-0745)
- An error exists related to 'jsval', 'quickstubs', and compartmental mismatches that can lead potentially exploitable crashes. (CVE-2013-0746)
- Errors exist related to events in the plugin handler that can allow same-origin policy bypass.
- An error related to the 'toString' method of XBL objects can lead to address information leakage.
- An unspecified memory corruption issue exists.
(CVE-2013-0749, CVE-2013-0769, CVE-2013-0770)
- An error exists related to multiple XML bindings with SVG content, contained in XBL files. (CVE-2013-0752)
- A use-after-free error exists related to 'XMLSerializer' and 'serializeToStream'.
- A use-after-free error exists related to garbage collection and 'ListenManager'. (CVE-2013-0754)
- A use-after-free error exists related to the 'Vibrate' library and 'domDoc'. (CVE-2013-0755)
- 'Chrome Object Wrappers' (COW) can be bypassed by changing object prototypes and can allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-0757)
- An error related to SVG elements and plugins can allow privilege escalation. (CVE-2013-0758)
- An error exists related to the address bar that can allow URL spoofing attacks. (CVE-2013-0759)
- An error exists related to SSL and threading that can result in potentially exploitable crashes.
- An error exists related to 'Canvas' and bad height or width values passed to it from HTML. (CVE-2013-0768)
SolutionUpgrade to SeaMonkey 2.15 or later.
File Name: seamonkey_215.nasl
Supported Sensors: Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:H/RL:OF/RC:C
Required KB Items: SeaMonkey/Version
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 1/8/2013
Vulnerability Publication Date: 1/8/2013
Metasploit (Firefox 17.0.1 Flash Privileged Code Injection)
CVE: CVE-2013-0744, CVE-2013-0745, CVE-2013-0746, CVE-2013-0747, CVE-2013-0748, CVE-2013-0749, CVE-2013-0750, CVE-2013-0752, CVE-2013-0753, CVE-2013-0754, CVE-2013-0755, CVE-2013-0756, CVE-2013-0757, CVE-2013-0758, CVE-2013-0759, CVE-2013-0760, CVE-2013-0761, CVE-2013-0763, CVE-2013-0764, CVE-2013-0766, CVE-2013-0767, CVE-2013-0768, CVE-2013-0769, CVE-2013-0770, CVE-2013-0771
BID: 57193, 57194, 57195, 57196, 57197, 57198, 57199, 57203, 57204, 57205, 57207, 57209, 57211, 57213, 57215, 57217, 57218, 57228, 57232, 57234, 57235, 57236, 57238, 57240, 57241, 57244, 57258
CWE: 20, 74, 79, 442, 629, 711, 712, 722, 725, 750, 751, 800, 801, 809, 811, 864, 900, 928, 931, 990