SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host contains a mail client that is potentially affected by several vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 17.0.2 and thus, is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Two intermediate certificates were improperly issued by TURKTRUST certificate authority. (CVE-2013-0743)
- A use-after-free error exists related to displaying HTML tables with many columns and column groups.
- An error exists related to the 'AutoWrapperChanger' class that does not properly manage objects during garbage collection. (CVE-2012-0745)
- An error exists related to 'jsval', 'quickstubs', and compartmental mismatches that could lead to potentially exploitable crashes. (CVE-2013-0746)
- Errors exist related to events in the plugin handler that could allow same-origin policy bypass.
- An error related to the 'toString' method of XBL objects could lead to address information leakage.
- Unspecified memory corruption issues exist.
- An error exists related to multiple XML bindings with SVG content, contained in XBL files. (CVE-2013-0752)
- A use-after-free error exists related to 'XMLSerializer' and 'serializeToStream'.
- A use-after-free error exists related to garbage collection and 'ListenManager'. (CVE-2013-0754)
- A use-after-free error exists related to the 'Vibrate' library and 'domDoc'. (CVE-2013-0755)
- 'Chrome Object Wrappers' (COW) can be bypassed by changing object prototypes, which could allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-0757)
- An error related to SVG elements and plugins could allow privilege escalation. (CVE-2013-0758)
- An error exists related to the address bar that could allow URL spoofing attacks. (CVE-2013-0759)
- Multiple, unspecified use-after-free, out-of-bounds read and buffer overflow errors exist. (CVE-2013-0761, CVE-2013-0762, CVE-2013-0763, CVE-2013-0766, CVE-2013-0767, CVE-2013-0771)
- An error exists related to SSL and threading that could result in potentially exploitable crashes.
- An error exists related to 'Canvas' and bad height or width values passed to it from HTML. (CVE-2013-0768)
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 17.0.2 / 17.0.2 ESR or later.