New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox is earlier than 18.0 and thus, is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple unspecified use-after-free, out-of-bounds read and buffer overflow errors exist. (CVE-2012-5829, CVE-2013-0760, CVE-2013-0761, CVE-2013-0762, CVE-2013-0763, CVE-2013-0766, CVE-2013-0767, CVE-2013-0771)
- Two intermediate certificates were improperly issued by TURKTRUST certificate authority. (CVE-2013-0743)
- A use-after-free error exists related to displaying HTML tables with many columns and column groups.
- An error exists related to the 'AutoWrapperChanger' class that does not properly manage objects during garbage collection. (CVE-2012-0745)
- An error exists related to 'jsval', 'quickstubs', and compartmental mismatches that can lead to potentially exploitable crashes. (CVE-2013-0746)
- Errors exist related to events in the plugin handler that can allow same-origin policy bypass.
- An error related to the 'toString' method of XBL objects can lead to address information leakage.
- An unspecified memory corruption issue exists.
(CVE-2013-0749, CVE-2013-0769, CVE-2013-0770)
- An error exists related to multiple XML bindings with SVG content, contained in XBL files. (CVE-2013-0752)
- A use-after-free error exists related to 'XMLSerializer' and 'serializeToStream'.
- A use-after-free error exists related to garbage collection and 'ListenManager'. (CVE-2013-0754)
- A use-after-free error exists related to the 'Vibrate' library and 'domDoc'. (CVE-2013-0755)
- 'Chrome Object Wrappers' (COW) can be bypassed by changing object prototypes and can allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-0757)
- An error related to SVG elements and plugins can allow privilege escalation. (CVE-2013-0758)
- An error exists related to the address bar that can allow URL spoofing attacks. (CVE-2013-0759)
- An error exists related to SSL and threading that can result in potentially exploitable crashes.
- An error exists related to 'Canvas' and bad height or width values passed to it from HTML. (CVE-2013-0768)
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 18.0 or later.