SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox is earlier than 18.0 and thus, is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple unspecified use-after-free, out-of-bounds read and buffer overflow errors exist. (CVE-2012-5829, CVE-2013-0760, CVE-2013-0761, CVE-2013-0762, CVE-2013-0763, CVE-2013-0766, CVE-2013-0767, CVE-2013-0771)
- Two intermediate certificates were improperly issued by TURKTRUST certificate authority. (CVE-2013-0743)
- A use-after-free error exists related to displaying HTML tables with many columns and column groups.
- An error exists related to the 'AutoWrapperChanger' class that does not properly manage objects during garbage collection. (CVE-2012-0745)
- An error exists related to 'jsval', 'quickstubs', and compartmental mismatches that can lead to potentially exploitable crashes. (CVE-2013-0746)
- Errors exist related to events in the plugin handler that can allow same-origin policy bypass.
- An error related to the 'toString' method of XBL objects can lead to address information leakage.
- An unspecified memory corruption issue exists.
(CVE-2013-0749, CVE-2013-0769, CVE-2013-0770)
- An error exists related to multiple XML bindings with SVG content, contained in XBL files. (CVE-2013-0752)
- A use-after-free error exists related to 'XMLSerializer' and 'serializeToStream'.
- A use-after-free error exists related to garbage collection and 'ListenManager'. (CVE-2013-0754)
- A use-after-free error exists related to the 'Vibrate' library and 'domDoc'. (CVE-2013-0755)
- 'Chrome Object Wrappers' (COW) can be bypassed by changing object prototypes and can allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2013-0757)
- An error related to SVG elements and plugins can allow privilege escalation. (CVE-2013-0758)
- An error exists related to the address bar that can allow URL spoofing attacks. (CVE-2013-0759)
- An error exists related to SSL and threading that can result in potentially exploitable crashes.
- An error exists related to 'Canvas' and bad height or width values passed to it from HTML. (CVE-2013-0768)
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 18.0 or later.