New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.9
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier than 24.0.1312.52 and is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Use-after-free errors exist related to SVG layout, DOM handling, video seeking, PDF fields and printing.
(CVE-2012-5145, CVE-2012-5147, CVE-2012-5150, CVE-2012-5156, CVE-2013-0832)
- An error related to malformed URLs can allow a Same Origin Policy (SOP) bypass, thereby allowing cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2012-5146)
- A user-input validation error exists related to filenames and hyphenation support. (CVE-2012-5148)
(CVE-2012-5149, CVE-2012-5151, CVE-2012-5154)
- Out-of-bounds read errors exist related to video seeking, PDF image handling, printing and glyph handling. (CVE-2012-5152, CVE-2012-5157, CVE-2012-0833, CVE-2012-0834)
- A casting error exists related to PDF 'root' handling.
- An unspecified error exists that can corrupt database metadata leading to incorrect file access.
- An error exists related to IPC and 'NUL' termination.
- An error exists related to extensions that may allow improper path traversals. (CVE-2013-0831)
- An unspecified error exists related to geolocation.
- An unspecified error exists related to extension tab handling. (CVE-2013-0837)
- The bundled version of Adobe Flash Player contains flaws that can lead to arbitrary code execution.
Successful exploitation of some of these issues could lead to an application crash or even allow arbitrary code execution, subject to the user's privileges.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 24.0.1312.52 or later.