New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier than 23.0.1271.97 and is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Use-after-free errors exist related to visibility events and the URL loader. (CVE-2012-5139, CVE-2012-5140)
- An unspecified error exists related to instantiation of the 'Chromoting' client plugin. (CVE-2012-5141)
- An unspecified error exists related to history navigation that can lead to application crashes.
- An integer overflow error exists related to the 'PPAPI' image buffers. (CVE-2012-5143)
- A stack corruption error exists related to 'AAC' decoding. (CVE-2012-5144)
- The bundled version of Adobe Flash Player contains flaws that can lead to arbitrary code execution.
(CVE-2012-5676, CVE-2012-5677, CVE-2012-5678)
Successful exploitation of some of these issues could lead to an application crash or even allow arbitrary code execution, subject to the user's privileges.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 23.0.1271.97 or later.