New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client that is potentially affected by several vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Thunderbird is earlier than 17.0 and thus, is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Several memory safety bugs exist in the browser engine used in Mozilla-based products that could be exploited to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2012-5842, CVE-2012-5843)
- An error exists in the method 'image::RasterImage::DrawFrameTo' related to GIF images that could allow a heap-based buffer overflow, leading to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-4202)
- An error exists related to SVG text and CSS properties that could lead to application crashes. (CVE-2012-5836)
- 'XMLHttpRequest' objects inherit incorrect principals when created in sandboxes that could allow cross-site request forgery attacks (CSRF). (CVE-2012-4205)
- 'XrayWrappers' can expose DOM properties that are not meant to be accessible outside of the chrome compartment. (CVE-2012-4208)
- Errors exist related to 'evalInSandbox', 'HZ-GB-2312' charset, frames and the 'location' object, and 'cross-origin wrappers' that could allow cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks. (CVE-2012-4201, CVE-2012-4207, CVE-2012-4209 CVE-2012-5841)
- Various use-after-free, out-of-bounds read and buffer overflow errors exist that could potentially lead to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-4212, CVE-2012-4213, CVE-2012-4214, CVE-2012-4215, CVE-2012-4216, CVE-2012-4217, CVE-2012-4218, CVE-2012-5829, CVE-2012-5830, CVE-2012-5833, CVE-2012-5835, CVE-2012-5838, CVE-2012-5839, CVE-2012-5840)
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 17.0 or later.