SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox 10.x is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Several memory safety bugs exist in the browser engine used in Mozilla-based products that could be exploited to execute arbitrary code. (CVE-2012-5843)
- An error exists in the method 'image::RasterImage::DrawFrameTo' related to GIF images that could allow a heap-based buffer overflow, leading to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-4202)
- An error exists related to the application installer and DLL loading. (CVE-2012-4206)
- Errors exist related to 'evalInSandbox', 'HZ-GB-2312' charset, frames and the 'location' object, the 'Style Inspector', and 'cross-origin wrappers' that could allow cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks. (CVE-2012-4201, CVE-2012-4207, CVE-2012-4209, CVE-2012-4210, CVE-2012-5841)
- Various use-after-free, out-of-bounds read and buffer overflow errors exist that could potentially lead to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-4214, CVE-2012-4215, CVE-2012-4216, CVE-2012-5829, CVE-2012-5830, CVE-2012-5833, CVE-2012-5835, CVE-2012-5839, CVE-2012-5840)
Please note the 10.x ESR branch will be unsupported as of 02/13/2013.
Only the 17.x ESR branch will receive security updates after that date.
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 10.0.11 ESR or later.
File Name: mozilla_firefox_10011.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Frictionless Assessment AWS, Frictionless Assessment Azure, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:POC/RL:OF/RC:C
Required KB Items: Mozilla/Firefox/Version
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 11/20/2012
Vulnerability Publication Date: 11/20/2012
CVE: CVE-2012-4201, CVE-2012-4202, CVE-2012-4206, CVE-2012-4207, CVE-2012-4209, CVE-2012-4210, CVE-2012-4214, CVE-2012-4215, CVE-2012-4216, CVE-2012-5829, CVE-2012-5830, CVE-2012-5833, CVE-2012-5835, CVE-2012-5839, CVE-2012-5840, CVE-2012-5841, CVE-2012-5843
BID: 56612, 56614, 56618, 56625, 56628, 56629, 56631, 56632, 56633, 56634, 56635, 56636, 56637, 56641, 56642, 56643, 56646
CWE: 20, 74, 79, 442, 629, 711, 712, 722, 725, 750, 751, 800, 801, 809, 811, 864, 900, 928, 931, 990