Apache Tomcat 7.0.x < 7.0.30 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 62988
SynopsisThe remote Apache Tomcat server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its self-reported version number, the instance of Apache Tomcat 7.0 listening on the remote host is prior to 7.0.30. It is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An error related to chunked transfer encoding and extensions allows limited denial of service attacks.
- An error exists related to FORM authentication that allows security bypass if 'j_security_check' is appended to the request. (CVE-2012-3546)
- Replay-countermeasure functionality in HTTP Digest Access Authentication tracks cnonce values instead of nonce values, which makes it easier for attackers to bypass access restrictions by sniffing the network for valid requests. (CVE-2012-5885)
- HTTP Digest Access Authentication implementation caches information about the authenticated user, which allows an attacker to bypass authentication via session ID.
- HTTP Digest Access Authentication implementation does not properly check for stale nonce values with enforcement of proper credentials, which allows an attacker to bypass restrictions by sniffing requests.
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Apache Tomcat version 7.0.30 or later.