New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.6
SynopsisThe remote Apache Tomcat server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its self-reported version number, the instance of Apache Tomcat 6.0 listening on the remote host is prior to Tomcat 6.0.36. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- A flaw exists within the parseHeaders() function that allows for a crafted header to cause a remote denial of service. (CVE-2012-2733)
- An error exists related to FORM authentication that allows a security bypass if 'j_security_check' is appended to the request. (CVE-2012-3546)
- An error exists in the file 'filters/CsrfPreventionFilter.java' that allows cross-site request forgery (XSRF) attacks to bypass the filtering. This can allow access to protected resources without a session identifier. (CVE-2012-4431)
- An error exists related to the 'NIO' connector when HTTPS and 'sendfile' are enabled that can force the application into an infinite loop. (CVE-2012-4534)
- Replay-countermeasure functionality in HTTP Digest Access Authentication tracks cnonce values instead of nonce values, which makes it easier for attackers to bypass access restrictions by sniffing the network for valid requests. (CVE-2012-5885)
- The HTTP Digest Access Authentication implementation caches information about the authenticated user, which allows an attacker to bypass authentication via session ID. (CVE-2012-5886)
- The HTTP Digest Access Authentication implementation does not properly check for stale nonce values with enforcement of proper credentials, which allows an attacker to bypass restrictions by sniffing requests.
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Apache Tomcat version 6.0.36 or later.