Google Chrome < 23.0.1271.64 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 62861
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier than 23.0.1271.64 and is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Use-after-free errors exist related to SVG filter handling, video layout, extension tab handling and plug-in placeholder handling. (CVE-2012-5116, CVE-2012-5121, CVE-2012-5125, CVE-2012-5126)
- An error exists related to inappropriate SVG subresource loading in the 'img' context.
- A race condition exists related to 'Pepper' buffer handling. (CVE-2012-5119)
- A bad cast error exists related to input handling.
- Out-of-bounds reads exist related to Skia.
- A memory corruption error exists related to texture handling. (CVE-2012-5124)
- An integer overflow error exists related to 'WebP' handling. This error can lead to out-of-bounds reads.
Successful exploitation of any of these issues could lead to an application crash or even allow arbitrary code execution, subject to the user's privileges.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 23.0.1271.64 or later.