New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote device is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the remote Apple TV 2nd generation or later device has a version of iOS that is prior to 5.1. It is, therefore, reportedly affected by several vulnerabilities :
- An uninitialized memory access issue in the handling of Sorenson encoded movie files could lead to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2012-3722)
- Following the DNAv4 protocol, the device may broadcast MAC addresses of previously accessed networks when connecting to a Wi-Fi network. (CVE-2012-3725)
- A buffer overflow in libtiff's handling of ThunderScan encoded TIFF images could lead to arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2011-1167)
- Multiple memory corruption issues in libpng's handling of PNG images could lead to arbitrary code execution.
(CVE-2011-3026 / CVE-2011-3048 / CVE-2011-3328)
- A double free issue in ImageIO's handling of JPEG images could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- An integer overflow issue in libTIFF's handling of TIFF images could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- A stack-based buffer overflow in the handling of ICU locale IDs could lead to arbitrary code execution.
- Multiple vulnerabilities in libxml could have a variety of impacts, including arbitrary code execution.
(CVE-2011-1944 / CVE-2011-2821 / CVE-2011-2834 / CVE-2011-3919)
(CVE-2012-0682 / CVE-2012-0683 / CVE-2012-3589 / CVE-2012-3590 / CVE-2012-3591 / CVE-2012-3592 / CVE-2012-3678 / CVE-2012-3679)
SolutionUpgrade the Apple TV to iOS 5.1 or later.