New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier than 22.0.1229.79 and is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- Out-of-bounds write errors exist related to Skia and the PDF viewer. (CVE-2012-2874, CVE-2012-2883, CVE-2012-2895)
- Various, unspecified errors exist related to the PDF viewer. (CVE-2012-2875)
- A buffer overflow error exists related to 'SSE2' optimizations. (CVE-2012-2876)
- An unspecified error exists related to extensions and modal dialogs that can allow application crashes.
- Use-after-free errors exist related to plugin handling, 'onclick' handling, 'SVG' text references and the PDF viewer. (CVE-2012-2878, CVE-2012-2887, CVE-2012-2888, CVE-2012-2890)
- An error exists related to 'DOM' topology corruption.
- Race conditions exist in the plugin paint buffer.
- 'DOM' tree corruption can occur with plugins.
- A pointer error exists related to 'OGG' container handling. (CVE-2012-2882)
- An out-of-bounds read error exists related to Skia.
- The possibility of a double-free error exists related to application exit. (CVE-2012-2885)
- Address information can be leaked via inter process communication (IPC). (CVE-2012-2891)
- A bypass error exists related to pop-up block.
- A double-free error exists related to 'XSL' transforms.
- An error exists related to graphics context handling.
- An unspecified memory corruption issue exists in the Windows 7 kernel, as used by Google Chrome.
Successful exploitation of any of these issues could lead to an application crash or even allow arbitrary code execution, subject to the user's privileges.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 22.0.1229.79 or later.