Fedora 18 : pcp-3.6.6-1.fc18 (2012-12940)
High Nessus Plugin ID 62141
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
Description- Added the python PMAPI bindings and an initial python client in pmcollectl. Separate, new package exists for python libs for those platforms that split out packages (rpm, deb).
- Added a pcp-testsuite package for those platforms that might want this (rpm, deb again, mainly)
- Re-introduced the pcp/qa subdirectory in pcp and deprecated the external pcpqa git tree.
- Fix potential buffer overflow in pmlogger host name handling.
- Reworked the configure --prefix handling to be more like the rest of the open source world.
- Ensure the __pmDecodeText ident parameter is always set Resolves Red Hat bugzilla bug #841306.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected pcp package.