New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier than 21.0.1180.89 and is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An out-of-bounds read error exists related to line-breaking. (CVE-2012-2865)
- Variable casting errors exist related to 'run-ins' and XSL transformations. (CVE-2012-2866, CVE-2012-2871)
- An unspecified error exists related to the SPDY protocol that can result in application crashes.
- A unspecified race condition exists related to 'workers' and XHR. (CVE-2012-2868)
- An unspecified error exists related to stale buffers and URL loading. (CVE-2012-2869)
- Memory management issues exist related to XPath processing. (CVE-2012-2870)
- Cross-site scripting is possible during the SSL interstitial process. (CVE-2012-2872)
Successful exploitation of any of these issues could lead to an application crash or arbitrary code execution, subject to the user's privileges.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 21.0.1180.89 or later.