Scientific Linux Security Update : rgmanager on SL5.x i386/x86_64
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 60659
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionMultiple insecure temporary file use flaws were discovered in rgmanager and various resource scripts run by rgmanager. A local attacker could use these flaws to overwrite an arbitrary file writable by the rgmanager process (i.e. user root) with the output of rgmanager or a resource agent via a symbolic link attack. (CVE-2008-6552)
This update also fixes the following bugs :
- clulog now accepts '-' as the first character in messages.
- if expire_time is 0, max_restarts is no longer ignored.
- the SAP resource agents included in the rgmanager package shipped with Scientific Linux 5.3 were outdated.
This update includes the most recent SAP resource agents and, consequently, improves SAP failover support.
- empty PID files no longer cause resource start failures.
- recovery policy of type 'restart' now works properly when using a resource based on ra-skelet.sh.
- samba.sh has been updated to kill the PID listed in the proper PID file.
- handling of the '-F' option has been improved to fix issues causing rgmanager to crash if no members of a restricted failover domain were online.
- the number of simultaneous status checks can now be limited to prevent load spikes.
- forking and cloning during status checks has been optimized to reduce load spikes.
- rg_test no longer hangs when run with large cluster configuration files.
- when rgmanager is used with a restricted failover domain it will no longer occasionally segfault when some nodes are offline during a failover event.
- virtual machine guests no longer restart after a cluster.conf update.
- nfsclient.sh no longer leaves temporary files after running.
- extra checks from the Oracle agents have been removed.
- vm.sh now uses libvirt.
- users can now define an explicit service processing order when central_processing is enabled.
- virtual machine guests can no longer start on 2 nodes at the same time.
- in some cases a successfully migrated virtual machine guest could restart when the cluster.conf file was updated.
- incorrect reporting of a service being started when it was not started has been addressed.
As well, this update adds the following enhancements :
- a startup_wait option has been added to the MySQL resource agent.
- services can now be prioritized.
- rgmanager now checks to see if it has been killed by the OOM killer and if so, reboots the node.
SolutionUpdate the affected rgmanager package.