Scientific Linux Security Update : tzdata on SL3.x, SL4.x, SL5.x i386/x86_64
High Nessus Plugin ID 60566
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis updated package addresses the following changes to Daylight Saving Time (DST) observations :
- Morocco will observe DST from 2009-06-01 00:00 to 2009-08-21 00:00.
- Tunisia will not observe DST this year.
- Syria started DST on 2009-03-27 00:00 this year.
- Cuba started DST at midnight between 2009-03-07 and 2009-03-08.
- the Province of San Luis, Argentina, went to UTC-04:00 on 2009-03-15.
- Palestine started DST on 2009-03-26 and end 2009-09-27.
- Pakistan will observe DST between 2009-04-15 and, probably, 2009-11-01.
- Egypt ends DST on 2009-09-24.
All users, especially those in locales affected by these time changes and users interacting with people or systems in the affected locales, are advised to upgrade to this updated package, which adds these enhancements.
SolutionUpdate the affected tzdata package.