Scientific Linux Security Update : tzdata on SL3.x, SL4.x, SL5.x i386/x86_64
High Nessus Plugin ID 60414
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe tzdata package contains data files with rules for various time zones around the world.
This updated tzdata package addresses the following changes to Daylight Savings Time (DST) observations :
- Cuba is starting DST on March 16 as of 2008 (it started DST on March 8 in 2007).
- Syria is starting DST on April 4 as of 2008 (it started DST on March 29 in 2007).
- Iraq is not observing DST in 2008.
- Pakistan will observe DST in 2008, beginning May 31.
(This is the first time Pakistan has observed DST since 2002.)
- Morocco will observe DST in 2008, beginning May 31.
(This is the first time Morocco has observed DST since 1978.)
SolutionUpdate the affected tzdata package.