Scientific Linux Security Update : tzdata on SL3.x i386/x86_64
High Nessus Plugin ID 60277
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing a security update.
DescriptionA tzdata enhancement, with updates for Venezuela, Indiana, Egypt, Gaza, South Australia, Antarctica, Brazil, and Iran is now available.
The tzdata package contains data files with information regarding and rules for daylight saving times in various timezones around the world.
The updated package contains up to date rules for the following timezones :
- Daviess, Dubois, Knox, Martin, and Pike Counties, Indiana, switch from Central Standard Time(CST) to Eastern Standard Time(EST) in November.
- South Australia, Tasmania, Victoria, and New South Wales are changing the Daylight Savings Time rules for next year.
- Several Antarctic stations rules were not properly updated to account for this year's change to the New Zealand daylight saving rules.
- Brazil will observe Daylight Savings Time from October 14 2007 to February 17 2008.
- Egypt and Gaza switched to Daylight Savings Time on September 7 not September 24.
- Iran resumes Daylight Savings Time next year.
- Venezuela is scheduled to change time zone to -4:30 on January 1.
SolutionUpdate the affected tzdata package.