Scientific Linux Security Update : kernel on SL5.x i386/x86_64
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 60247
SynopsisThe remote Scientific Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
Description- a flaw in the ISDN CAPI subsystem that allowed a remote user to cause a denial of service or potential remote access. Exploitation would require the attacker to be able to send arbitrary frames over the ISDN network to the victim's machine. (CVE-2007-1217, Moderate)
- a flaw in the perfmon subsystem on ia64 platforms that allowed a local user to cause a denial of service.
In addition, the following bugs were addressed :
- a panic after reloading of the LSI Fusion driver.
- a vm performance problem was corrected by balancing inactive page lists.
- added a nodirplus option to address NFSv3 performance issues with large directories.
- changed the personality handling to disallow personality changes of setuid and setgid binaries. This ensures they keep any randomization and Exec-shield protection.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.