Fedora 17 : asterisk-10.5.1-1.fc17 (2012-9537)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 59698
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe Asterisk Development Team has announced a security release for Asterisk 10. This security release is released as version 10.5.1.
The release is available for immediate download at http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases
The release of Asterisk 10.5.1 resolves the following issue :
- A remotely exploitable crash vulnerability was found in the Skinny (SCCP) Channel driver. When an SCCP client sends an Off Hook message, followed by a Key Pad Button Message, a structure that was previously set to NULL is dereferenced. This allows remote authenticated connections the ability to cause a crash in the server, denying services to legitimate users.
This issue and its resolution is described in the security advisory.
For more information about the details of this vulnerability, please read security advisory AST-2012-009, which was released at the same time as this announcement.
For a full list of changes in the current releases, please see the ChangeLog :
The security advisory is available at :
The Asterisk Development Team has announced the release of Asterisk 10.5.0. This release is available for immediate download at http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk
The release of Asterisk 10.5.0 resolves several issues reported by the community and would have not been possible without your participation.
The following is a sample of the issues resolved in this release :
- --- Turn off warning message when bind address is set to any. (Closes issue ASTERISK-19456. Reported by Michael L. Young)
- --- Prevent overflow in calculation in ast_tvdiff_ms on 32-bit machines (Closes issue ASTERISK-19727. Reported by Ben Klang)
- --- Make DAHDISendCallreroutingFacility wait 5 seconds for a reply before disconnecting the call. (Closes issue ASTERISK-19708. Reported by mehdi Shirazi)
- --- Fix recalled party B feature flags for a failed DTMF atxfer. (Closes issue ASTERISK-19383. Reported by lgfsantos)
- --- Fix DTMF atxfer running h exten after the wrong bridge ends. (Closes issue ASTERISK-19717. Reported by Mario)
For a full list of changes in this release, please see the ChangeLog :
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected asterisk package.