SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral vulnerabilities have been discovered in Iceweasel, a web browser based on Firefox. The included XULRunner library provides rendering services for several other applications included in Debian.
- CVE-2012-0467 Bob Clary, Christian Holler, Brian Hackett, Bobby Holley, Gary Kwong, Hilary Hall, Honza Bambas, Jesse Ruderman, Julian Seward, and Olli Pettay discovered memory corruption bugs, which may lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2012-0470 Atte Kettunen discovered that a memory corruption bug in gfxImageSurface may lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2012-0471 Anne van Kesteren discovered that incorrect multibyte character encoding may lead to cross-site scripting.
- CVE-2012-0477 Masato Kinugawa discovered that incorrect encoding of Korean and Chinese character sets may lead to cross-site scripting.
- CVE-2012-0479 Jeroen van der Gun discovered a spoofing vulnerability in the presentation of Atom and RSS feeds over HTTPS.
SolutionUpgrade the iceweasel packages.
For the stable distribution (squeeze), this problem has been fixed in version 3.5.16-15.
File Name: debian_DSA-2457.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:U/RL:OF/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:iceweasel, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:6.0
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/Debian/release, Host/Debian/dpkg-l
Exploit Ease: No known exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 5/13/2012