Google Chrome < 18.0.1025.142 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 58536
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier than 18.0.1025.142 and is, therefore, affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An unspecified error exists related to bad interaction and 'EUC-JP'. This can lead to cross-site scripting attacks. (CVE-2011-3058)
- Out-of-bounds read errors exist related to SVG text handling and text fragment handling. (CVE-2011-3059, CVE-2011-3060)
- A certificate checking error exists related to the SPDY protocol. (CVE-2011-3061)
- An off-by-one error exists in the 'OpenType Sanitizer'.
- Navigation requests from the renderer are not validated carefully enough.(CVE-2011-3063)
- A use-after-free error exists related to SVG clipping.
- An unspecified memory corruption error exists related to 'Skia'. (CVE-2011-3065)
- The bundled version of Adobe Flash Player contains errors related to ActiveX and the NetStream class.
These errors can allow memory corruption, denial of service via application crashes and possibly code execution. (CVE-2012-0772, CVE-2012-0773)
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 18.0.1025.142 or later.