Fedora 16 : systemd-37-15.fc16 (2012-2557)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 58308
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis systemd update adds several fixes :
- logind created files under /run/user/ in an insecure manner. A local attacker could create a symlink inside arbitrary directories (CVE-2012-0871).
- permissions of PrivateTmp directories (RHBZ#790522)
- timedated did not run without ntp installed (RHBZ#790260)
- logind: allow PowerOff and Reboot via polkit
- loading of empty files in read_one_line_file() (fdo#45362)
- fix cgit URLs in manpages
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected systemd package.