IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 < 188.8.131.52 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Critical Nessus Plugin ID 57607
SynopsisThe remote application server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionIBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1 before Fix Pack 41 appears to be running on the remote host. As such, it is potentially affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability via vectors related to web messaging. (CVE-2011-5065)
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability in the Installation Verification Test (IVT) in the Install component.
- The SibRaRecoverableSiXaResource class in the Default Messaging Component does not properly handle a Service Integration Bus (SIB) dump operation involving the Failure Data Capture (FFDC) introspection code. This can allow local users to obtain sensitive information by reading the FFDC log file. (CVE-2011-5066)
- A directory traversal vulnerability in the administration console that allows remote attackers to read arbitrary files on the host. (CVE-2011-1359)
- A potential Denial of Service with malicious range requests. (CVE-2011-3192)
- An unspecified vulnerability in the Web Services Security component when enabling WS-Security for a JAX-WS application. (CVE-2011-1377)
SolutionIf using WebSphere Application Server, apply Fix Pack 41 (184.108.40.206) or later.
Otherwise, if using embedded WebSphere Application Server packaged with Tivoli Directory Server, apply the latest recommended eWAS fix pack.