SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionThe latest version of Firefox and Thunderbird have the following changes :
- Added support for font-stretch
- Improved support for text-overflow
- Improved standards support for HTML5, MathML, and CSS
- Fixed several stability issues
- Fixed several security issues
Update nss to 3.13.1
You can find the new features and bug fixes in NSS 3.13 and 3.13.1 with these Bugzilla queries :
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=1496878&resolution=FI XED&classification=Components&query_format=advanced&target_milestone=3 .13&product=NSS
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?list_id=1496878&resolution=FI XED&classification=Components&query_format=advanced&target_milestone=3 .13.1&product=NSS
Notable changes include :
1. SSL 2.0 is disabled by default.
2. A defense against the SSL 3.0 and TLS 1.0 CBC chosen plaintext attack demonstrated by Rizzo and Duong (CVE-2011-3389) is enabled by default. Set the SSL_CBC_RANDOM_IV SSL option to PR_FALSE to disable it.
3. SHA-224 is supported.
4. Added PORT_ErrorToString and PORT_ErrorToName to return the error message and symbolic name of an NSS error code.
5. Added NSS_GetVersion to return the NSS version string.
6. Added experimental support of RSA-PSS to the softoken only (contributed by Hanno Bock, http://rsapss.hboeck.de/).
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.