New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.0
SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral vulnerabilities have been discovered in OpenJDK, an implementation of the Java SE platform. The Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures project identifies the following problems :
- CVE-2011-0862 Integer overflow errors in the JPEG and font parser allow untrusted code (including applets) to elevate its privileges.
- CVE-2011-0864 Hotspot, the just-in-time compiler in OpenJDK, mishandled certain byte code instructions, allowing untrusted code (including applets) to crash the virtual machine.
- CVE-2011-0865 A race condition in signed object deserialization could allow untrusted code to modify signed content, apparently leaving its signature intact.
- CVE-2011-0867 Untrusted code (including applets) could access information about network interfaces which was not intended to be public. (Note that the interface MAC address is still available to untrusted code.)
- CVE-2011-0868 A float-to-long conversion could overflow, allowing untrusted code (including applets) to crash the virtual machine.
- CVE-2011-0869 Untrusted code (including applets) could intercept HTTP requests by reconfiguring proxy settings through a SOAP connection.
- CVE-2011-0871 Untrusted code (including applets) could elevate its privileges through the Swing MediaTracker code.
In addition, this update removes support for the Zero/Shark and Cacao Hotspot variants from the i386 and amd64 due to stability issues.
These Hotspot variants are included in the openjdk-6-jre-zero and icedtea-6-jre-cacao packages, and these packages must be removed during this update.
SolutionUpgrade the openjdk-6 packages.
For the oldstable distribution (lenny), these problems will be fixed in a separate DSA for technical reasons.
For the stable distribution (squeeze), these problems have been fixed in version 6b18-1.8.9-0.1~squeeze1.