Flash Player for Mac <= 10.3.183.7 Multiple Vulnerabilities (APSB11-26)
High Nessus Plugin ID 56258
SynopsisThe remote Mac OS X host has a browser plugin that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its version, the instance of Flash Player installed on the remote Mac OS X host is 10.3.183.7 or earlier. It is therefore reportedly affected by several critical vulnerabilities :
- Multiple AVM stack overflow vulnerabilities could lead to code execution. (CVE-2011-2426, CVE-2011-2427)
- A logic error issue could lead to code execution or a browser crash. (CVE-2011-2428)
- A Flash Player security control bypass vulnerability could lead to information disclosure. (CVE-2011-2429)
- A streaming media logic error vulnerability could lead to code execution. (CVE-2011-2430)
- A universal cross-site scripting vulnerability could be abused to take actions on a user's behalf on any website if the user is tricked into visiting a malicious website. Note that this issue is reportedly being actively exploited in targeted attacks. (CVE-2011-2444)
SolutionUpgrade to Adobe Flash for Mac version 10.3.183.10 or later.