Firefox 3.6 < 3.6.20 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 55901
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox 3.6 is earlier than 3.6.20. As such, it is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in an SVG text manipulation routine. (CVE-2011-0084)
- An error exists in 'ThinkPadSensor::Startup' that can allow malicious DLLs to be loaded. (CVE-2011-2980)
- Various unspecified memory safety issues exist. (CVE-2011-2982)
- A cross-domain information disclosure vulnerability exists if the configuration option 'RegExp.input' is set. (CVE-2011-2983)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists if web content is registered to handle 'drop' events and a browser tab is dropped in that element's area. This can allow the web content to execute with browser chrome privileges. (CVE-2011-2984)
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 3.6.20 or later.