SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Thunderbird 3.1 is earlier than 3.1.12. As such, it is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Several memory safety bugs exist in the browser engine that may permit remote code execution. (CVE-2011-2982)
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in an SVG text manipulation routine. (CVE-2011-0084)
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in appendChild, which did not correctly account for DOM objects it operated upon. (CVE-2011-2378)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists if a web page registered for drop events and a browser tab element was dropped into the content area. (CVE-2011-2984)
- A binary planting vulnerability in ThinkPadSensor::Startup could permit loading a malicious DLL into the running process. (CVE-2011-2980)
- A data leakage vulnerability triggered when RegExp.input was set could allow data from other domains to be read.
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 3.1.12 or later.