New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 8.9
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a mail client may be affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Thunderbird 3.1 is earlier than 3.1.12. As such, it is potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Several memory safety bugs exist in the browser engine that may permit remote code execution. (CVE-2011-2982)
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in an SVG text manipulation routine. (CVE-2011-0084)
- A dangling pointer vulnerability exists in appendChild, which did not correctly account for DOM objects it operated upon. (CVE-2011-2378)
- A privilege escalation vulnerability exists if a web page registered for drop events and a browser tab element was dropped into the content area. (CVE-2011-2984)
- A binary planting vulnerability in ThinkPadSensor::Startup could permit loading a malicious DLL into the running process. (CVE-2011-2980)
- A data leakage vulnerability triggered when RegExp.input was set could allow data from other domains to be read.
SolutionUpgrade to Thunderbird 3.1.12 or later.