SynopsisThe remote Debian host is missing a security-related update.
DescriptionSeveral vulnerabilities have been discovered in Icedove, an unbranded version of the Thunderbird mail/news client.
- CVE-2011-0083 / CVE-2011-2363 'regenrecht' discovered two use-after-frees in SVG processing, which could lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2011-0085 'regenrecht' discovered a use-after-free in XUL processing, which could lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2011-2362 David Chan discovered that cookies were insufficiently isolated.
- CVE-2011-2373 Martin Barbella discovered a use-after-free in XUL processing, which could lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2011-2374 Bob Clary, Kevin Brosnan, Nils, Gary Kwong, Jesse Ruderman and Christian Biesinger discovered memory corruption bugs, which may lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
- CVE-2011-2376 Luke Wagner and Gary Kwong discovered memory corruption bugs, which may lead to the execution of arbitrary code.
As indicated in the Lenny (oldstable) release notes, security support for the Icedove packages in the oldstable needed to be stopped before the end of the regular Lenny security maintenance life cycle. You are strongly encouraged to upgrade to stable or switch to a different mail client.
SolutionUpgrade the icedove packages.
For the stable distribution (squeeze), this problem has been fixed in version 3.0.11-1+squeeze3.
File Name: debian_DSA-2273.nasl
Supported Sensors: Frictionless Assessment Agent, Nessus Agent
Temporal Vector: E:H/RL:OF/RC:C
CPE: p-cpe:/a:debian:debian_linux:icedove, cpe:/o:debian:debian_linux:6.0
Required KB Items: Host/local_checks_enabled, Host/Debian/release, Host/Debian/dpkg-l
Exploit Ease: Exploits are available
Patch Publication Date: 7/6/2011
Metasploit (Mozilla Firefox Array.reduceRight() Integer Overflow)
CVE: CVE-2011-0083, CVE-2011-0085, CVE-2011-2362, CVE-2011-2363, CVE-2011-2365, CVE-2011-2371, CVE-2011-2373, CVE-2011-2374, CVE-2011-2376
BID: 48357, 48358, 48360, 48361, 48366, 48368, 48372, 48373, 48376