Fedora 15 : subversion-1.6.17-1.fc15 (2011-8352)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 55412
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update includes the latest release of Subversion, fixing three security issues :
An infinite loop flaw was found in the way the mod_dav_svn module processed certain data sets. If the SVNPathAuthz directive was set to 'short_circuit', and path-based access control for files and directories was enabled, a malicious, remote user could use this flaw to cause the httpd process serving the request to consume an excessive amount of system memory. (CVE-2011-1783)
A NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the way the mod_dav_svn module processed requests submitted against the URL of a baselined resource. A malicious, remote user could use this flaw to cause the httpd process serving the request to crash. (CVE-2011-1752)
An information disclosure flaw was found in the way the mod_dav_svn module processed certain URLs when path-based access control for files and directories was enabled. A malicious, remote user could possibly use this flaw to access certain files in a repository that would otherwise not be accessible to them. Note: This vulnerability cannot be triggered if the SVNPathAuthz directive is set to 'short_circuit'.
The Fedora Project would like to thank the Apache Subversion project for reporting these issues. Upstream acknowledges Joe Schaefer of the Apache Software Foundation as the original reporter of CVE-2011-1752;
Ivan Zhakov of VisualSVN as the original reporter of CVE-2011-1783;
and Kamesh Jayachandran of CollabNet, Inc. as the original reporter of CVE-2011-1921.
The following bugs are also fixed in this release :
- make 'blame -g' more efficient on with large mergeinfo
- preserve log message with a non-zero editor exit
- fix FSFS cache performance on 64-bit platforms
- make svn cleanup tolerate obstructed directories
- fix deadlock in multithreaded servers serving FSFS repositories
- detect very occasional corruption and abort commit
- fixed: file externals cause non-inheritable mergeinfo
- fixed: file externals cause mixed-revision working copies
- fixed: write-through proxy could direcly commit to slave
- detect a particular corruption condition in FSFS
- improve error message when clients refer to unkown revisions
- bugfixes and optimizations to the DAV mirroring code
- fixed: locked and deleted file causes tree conflict
- fixed: update touches locked file with svn:keywords property
- fix svnsync handling of directory copyfrom
- fix 'log -g' excessive duplicate output
- fix svnsync copyfrom handling bug with BDB
- server-side validation of svn:mergeinfo syntax during commit
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected subversion package.