Fedora 14 : asterisk-220.127.116.11-1.fc14 (2011-6225)
High Nessus Plugin ID 54286
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThe Asterisk Development Team has announced the release of Asterisk 18.104.22.168. This release is available for immediate download at http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/
The release of Asterisk 22.214.171.124 resolves several issues reported by the community and would have not been possible without your participation. Thank you!
The following is a sample of the issues resolved in this release :
- Only offer codecs both sides support for directmedia.
(Closes issue #17403. Reported, patched by one47)
- Resolution of several DTMF based attended transfer issues. (Closes issue #17999, #17096, #18395, #17273.
Reported by iskatel, gelo, shihchuan, grecco. Patched by rmudgett) NOTE: Be sure to read the ChangeLog for more information about these changes.
- Resolve deadlocks related to device states in chan_sip (Closes issue #18310. Reported, patched by one47.
Patched by jpeeler)
- Fix channel redirect out of MeetMe() and other issues with channel softhangup (Closes issue #18585. Reported by oej. Tested by oej, wedhorn, russellb. Patched by russellb)
- Fix voicemail sequencing for file based storage. (Closes issue #18498, #18486. Reported by JJCinAZ, bluefox.
Patched by jpeeler)
- Guard against retransmitting BYEs indefinitely during attended transfers with chan_sip. (Review:
In addition to the changes listed above, commits to resolve security issues AST-2011-005 and AST-2011-006 have been merged into this release. More information about AST-2011-005 and AST-2011-006 can be found at :
For a full list of changes in this release, please see the ChangeLog :
The Asterisk Development Team has announced security releases for Asterisk branches 1.4, 1.6.1, 1.6.2, and 1.8. The available security releases are released as versions 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206.3, and 220.127.116.11.
These releases are available for immediate download at http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases
The releases of Asterisk 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199.3, and 188.8.131.52 resolve two issues :
- File Descriptor Resource Exhaustion (AST-2011-005)
- Asterisk Manager User Shell Access (AST-2011-006)
The issues and resolutions are described in the AST-2011-005 and AST-2011-006 security advisories.
For more information about the details of these vulnerabilities, please read the security advisories AST-2011-005 and AST-2011-006, which were released at the same time as this announcement.
For a full list of changes in the current releases, please see the ChangeLog :
http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases/ChangeLo g-184.108.40.206 http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases/ChangeLo g-220.127.116.11 http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases/ChangeLo g-18.104.22.168.3 http://downloads.asterisk.org/pub/telephony/asterisk/releases/ChangeLo g-22.214.171.124
Security advisory AST-2011-005 and AST-2011-006 are available at :
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected asterisk package.