Firefox < 3.5.19 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 53593
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox is earlier than 3.5.19. Such versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- Multiple use-after-free errors exist in the handling of the object attributes 'mChannel', 'mObserverList' and 'nsTreeRange'. (CVE-2011-0065, CVE-2011-0066, CVE-2011-0073)
- An error exists in the handling of Java applets that can allow sensitive form history data to be accessed.
- An error in the resource protocol can allow a directory traversal attack. (CVE-2011-0071)
- Multiple memory safety issues can lead to application crashes and possibly remote code execution.
(CVE-2011-0069, CVE-2011-0070, CVE-2011-0072, CVE-2011-0074, CVE-2011-0075, CVE-2011-0077, CVE-2011-0078, CVE-2011-0080)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the 'xsltGenerateIdFunction' function in the included libxslt library. (CVE-2011-1202)
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 3.5.19 or later.