New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote web server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to the web server's banner, the version of HP System Management Homepage (SMH) hosted on the remote host is earlier than 6.3. Such versions are reportedly affected by the following vulnerabilities :
- An error exists in the function 'fnmatch' in the bundled version of PHP that can lead to stack exhaustion. (CVE-2010-1917)
- An information disclosure vulnerability exists in the 'var_export' function in the bundled version of PHP that can be triggered when handling certain error conditions. (CVE-2010-2531)
- A double free vulnerability in the 'ssl3_get_key_exchange()' function in the third-party OpenSSL library could be abused to crash the application. (CVE-2010-2939)
- A format string vulnerability in the phar extension in the bundled version of PHP could lead to the disclosure of memory contents and possibly allow execution of arbitrary code via a specially crafted 'phar://' URI. (CVE-2010-2950)
- A NULL pointer dereference in 'ZipArchive::getArchiveComment' included with the bundled version of PHP can be abused to crash the application. (CVE-2010-3709)
- The bundled version of libxml2 may read from invalid memory locations when processing malformed XPath expressions, resulting in an application crash.
- An error in the 'mb_strcut()' function in the bundled version of PHP can be exploited by passing a large 'length' parameter to disclose potentially sensitive information from the heap. (CVE-2010-4156)
- An as-yet unspecified remote code execution vulnerability could allow an authenticated user to execute arbitrary code with system privileges.
- An as-yet unspecified, unauthorized access vulnerability could lead to a complete system compromise.
SolutionUpgrade to HP System Management Homepage 6.3 or later.