PHP 5.3 < 5.3.6 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 52717
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.3.x installed on the remote host is older than 5.3.6.
- A NULL pointer can be dereferenced in the function '_zip_name_locate()' when processing empty archives and can lead to application crashes or code execution.
Exploitation requires the 'ZIPARCHIVE::FL_UNCHANGED' setting to be in use. (CVE-2011-0421)
- A variable casting error exists in the Exif extention, which can allow denial of service attacks when handling crafted 'Image File Directory' (IFD) header values in the PHP function 'exif_read_data()'. Exploitation requires a 64bit system and a config setting 'memory_limit' above 4GB or unlimited. (CVE-2011-0708)
- An integer overflow vulnerability exists in the implementation of the PHP function 'shmop_read()' and can allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2011-1092)
- Errors exist in the file 'phar/phar_object.c' in which calls to 'zend_throw_exception_ex()' pass data as a string format parameter. This can lead to memory corruption when handling PHP archives (phar).
- A buffer overflow error exists in the C function 'xbuf_format_converter' when the PHP configuration value for 'precision' is set to a large value and can lead to application crashes. (CVE-2011-1464)
- An integer overflow error exists in the C function 'SdnToJulian()' in the Calendar extension and can lead to application crashes. (CVE-2011-1466)
- An unspecified error exists in the implementation of the PHP function 'numfmt_set_symbol()' and PHP method 'NumberFormatter::setSymbol()' in the Intl extension.
This error can lead to application crashes.
- Multiple memory leaks exist in the OpenSSL extension in the PHP functions 'openssl_encrypt' and 'openssl_decrypt'. (CVE-2011-1468)
- An unspecified error exists in the Streams component when accessing FTP URLs with an HTTP proxy.
- An integer signedness error and an unspecified error exist in the Zip extension and can lead to denial of service via certain ziparchive streams. (CVE-2011-1470, CVE-2011-1471)
- An unspecified error exists in the security enforcement regarding the parsing of the fastcgi protocol with the 'FastCGI Process Manager' (FPM) SAPI.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP 5.3.6 or later.