New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.3.x installed on the remote host is older than 5.3.6.
- A NULL pointer can be dereferenced in the function '_zip_name_locate()' when processing empty archives and can lead to application crashes or code execution.
Exploitation requires the 'ZIPARCHIVE::FL_UNCHANGED' setting to be in use. (CVE-2011-0421)
- A variable casting error exists in the Exif extention, which can allow denial of service attacks when handling crafted 'Image File Directory' (IFD) header values in the PHP function 'exif_read_data()'. Exploitation requires a 64bit system and a config setting 'memory_limit' above 4GB or unlimited. (CVE-2011-0708)
- An integer overflow vulnerability exists in the implementation of the PHP function 'shmop_read()' and can allow arbitrary code execution. (CVE-2011-1092)
- Errors exist in the file 'phar/phar_object.c' in which calls to 'zend_throw_exception_ex()' pass data as a string format parameter. This can lead to memory corruption when handling PHP archives (phar).
- A buffer overflow error exists in the C function 'xbuf_format_converter' when the PHP configuration value for 'precision' is set to a large value and can lead to application crashes. (CVE-2011-1464)
- An integer overflow error exists in the C function 'SdnToJulian()' in the Calendar extension and can lead to application crashes. (CVE-2011-1466)
- An unspecified error exists in the implementation of the PHP function 'numfmt_set_symbol()' and PHP method 'NumberFormatter::setSymbol()' in the Intl extension.
This error can lead to application crashes.
- Multiple memory leaks exist in the OpenSSL extension in the PHP functions 'openssl_encrypt' and 'openssl_decrypt'. (CVE-2011-1468)
- An unspecified error exists in the Streams component when accessing FTP URLs with an HTTP proxy.
- An integer signedness error and an unspecified error exist in the Zip extension and can lead to denial of service via certain ziparchive streams. (CVE-2011-1470, CVE-2011-1471)
- An unspecified error exists in the security enforcement regarding the parsing of the fastcgi protocol with the 'FastCGI Process Manager' (FPM) SAPI.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP 5.3.6 or later.