Fedora 14 : subversion-1.6.16-1.fc14 (2011-2657)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 52692
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionA NULL pointer dereference flaw was found in the way the mod_dav_svn module processed certain requests to lock working copy paths in a repository. A remote attacker could issue a lock request that could cause the httpd process serving the request to crash. (CVE-2011-0715)
The Fedora Project would like to thank Hyrum Wright of the Apache Subversion project for reporting this issue. Upstream acknowledges Philip Martin, WANdisco, Inc. as the original reporter.
Several bugs are also fixed in this update :
- more improvement to the 'blame -g' memory leak from 1.6.15
- avoid unnecessary globbing for performance
- don't add tree conflicts when one already exists
- fix potential crash when requesting mergeinfo
- don't attempt to resolve prop conflicts in 'merge
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected subversion package.