Fedora 15 : telepathy-gabble-0.11.7-1.fc15 / telepathy-glib-0.13.13-1.fc15 (2011-1284)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 52515
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionTelepathy-Gabble changes, including a security fix :
- fd.o#32390: Gabble now treats a request for a ContactSearch channel with Server set to the empty string as equivalent to not specifying a server, and rejects requests where the JID specified for Server is invalid.
- fd.o#32874: Offline contacts are now assumed to support 1-1 text channels.
- fd.o#34048: Malicious contacts can no longer trick Gabble into relaying audio/video data via a server of their choosing.
- fd.o#32815: fallback-conference-server now defaults to conference.telepathy.im. Thus, if the user's server doesn't have a conference component configured, upgrading a 1-1 chat into an ad-hoc conference still works.
- fd.o#11291: support for xep-0092, Software Version.
- fd.o#33471: support for the FileTransfer.URI property.
Telepathy-Glib Enhancements include :
- Many doc fixes, including: TpBaseClientClass is now included; INCOMING_MESSAGES is now explained.
- Compiler flags reordered (clang is order-sensitive) to allow static analysis.
- Account Channel Requests now give you access to the originating TpChannelRequest.
- The speculative debug cache may now be disabled at compile time. tp_debug_sender_add_message_vprintf and tp_debug_sender_add_message_printf added to allow callers who care about optimisation to reduce debug overhead.
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected telepathy-gabble and / or telepathy-glib packages.