Apple Time Capsule and AirPort Base Station Firmware < 7.5.2 (APPLE-SA-2010-12-16-1)
High Nessus Plugin ID 51342
SynopsisThe remote network device is affected by multiple remote vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to the firmware version collected via SNMP, the remote Apple Time Capsule / AirPort Base Station / AirPort Extreme Base Station is affected by multiple remote vulnerabilities.
- An integer overflow exists in the 'netsnmp_create_subtree_cache' function that can be exploited using a specially crafted SNMPv3 packet to crash the SNMP server. (CVE-2008-4309)
- A remote attacker may be able to crash the racoon daemon by sending specially crafted fragmented ISAKMP packets, thereby triggering a NULL pointer dereference.
- By sending a large number of Router Advertisement (RA) and Neighbor Discovery (ND) packets, an attacker on the local network can exhaust the base station's resources, causing it to restart unexpectedly. (CVE-2009-2189)
- An attacker with write access to an FTP server inside the NAT may be able to use a malicious PORT command to bypass IP-based restrictions for the service. (CVE-2010-0039)
- If the device has been configured to act as a bridge or configured in Network Address Translation (NAT) mode with a default host enabled (not the default), an attacker may be able to cause the device to stop responding using a specially crafted DHCP reply.
SolutionUpgrade the firmware to version 7.5.2 or later.