New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 5.8
SynopsisThe remote web server uses a version of PHP that is affected by multiple flaws.
DescriptionAccording to its banner, the version of PHP 5.2 installed on the remote host is older than 5.2.15. Such versions may be affected by several security issues :
- A crash in the zip extract method.
- A possible double free exists in the imap extension.
- An unspecified flaw exists in 'open_basedir'. (CVE-2010-3436)
- A possible crash could occur in 'mssql_fetch_batch()'.
- A NULL pointer dereference exists in 'ZipArchive::getArchiveComment'. (CVE-2010-3709)
- A crash exists if anti-aliasing steps are invalid.
- A crash exists in pdo_firebird getAttribute(). (Bug #53323)
- A user-after-free vulnerability in the Zend engine when a '__set()', '__get()', '__isset()' or '__unset()' method is called can allow for a denial of service attack. (Bug #52879 / CVE-2010-4697)
- A stack-based buffer overflow exists in the 'imagepstext()' function in the GD extension. (Bug #53492 / CVE-2010-4698)
- The extract function does not prevent use of the EXTR_OVERWRITE parameter to overwrite the GLOBALS superglobal array and the 'this' variable, which allows attackers to bypass intended access restrictions.
SolutionUpgrade to PHP version 5.2.15 or later.