Apache Tomcat 5.0.x <= 5.0.30 / 5.5.x < 5.5.25 Multiple Vulnerabilities
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 51059
SynopsisThe remote Apache Tomcat server is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionAccording to its self-reported version number, the instance Apache Tomcat running on the remote host is 5.0.x equal to or prior to 5.0.30 or 5.5.x prior to 5.5.25. It is, therefore, affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- An error exists in several JSP example files that allows script injection via URLs using the ';' character.
- The Manager and Host Manager applications do not properly sanitize the 'filename' parameter of the '/manager/html/upload' script, which can lead to cross- site scripting attacks. (CVE-2007-2450)
- An error exists in the handling of cookie values containing single quotes which Tomcat treats as delimiters. This can allow disclosure of sensitive information such as session IDs. (CVE-2007-3382)
- An error exists in the handling of cookie values containing backslashes which Tomcat treats as delimiters. This can allow disclosure of sensitive information such as session IDs. (CVE-2007-3385)
- An error exists in the Host Manager application which allows script injection. (CVE-2007-3386)
Note that Nessus has not tested for these issues but has instead relied only on the application's self-reported version number.
SolutionUpgrade to Apache Tomcat version 5.5.25. Alternatively, use the latest SVN source for 5.0.x. The 5.0.x branch was fixed in SVN revision number 588821.