Google Chrome < 8.0.552.215 Multiple Vulnerabilities
High Nessus Plugin ID 50977
SynopsisThe remote host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe version of Google Chrome installed on the remote host is earlier than 8.0.552.215. Such versions are reportedly affected by multiple vulnerabilities :
- It may be possible to bypass the pop-up blocker.
- A cross-origin video theft vulnerability exists related to canvas. (Issue #55745)
- An unspecified crash exists when handling HTML5 databases. (Issue #56237)
- Excessive file dialogs could lead to a browser crash.
- A use after free error exists in history handling.
- It may be possible to crash the browser when performing http proxy authentication. (Issue #61701)
- An out-of-bounds read regression exists in the WebM video support. (Issue #61701)
- It may be possible to crash the browser due to bad indexing with malformed video. (Issue #62127)
- A memory corruption issue exists relating to malicious privileged extension. (Issue #62168)
- A use-after-free error exists in the handling of SVG animations. (Issue #62401)
- A use-after-free error exists in the mouse dragging event handling. (Issue #63051)
- A double free error exists in XPath handling.
SolutionUpgrade to Google Chrome 8.0.552.215 or later.