Fedora 13 : subversion-1.6.13-1.fc13 (2010-16136)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 50395
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis update includes the latest stable release of Subversion, version 1.6.13.
Subversion servers up to 1.6.12 (inclusive) making use of the 'SVNPathAuthz short_circuit' mod_dav_svn configuration setting have a bug which may allow users to write and/or read portions of the repository to which they are not intended to have access. This issue is fixed in this update.
See http://subversion.apache.org/security/CVE-2010-3315-advisory.txt for further details
A number of bug fixes are also included :
- don't drop properties during foreign-repo merges
- improve auto-props failure error message
- improve error message for 403 status with ra_neon
- don't allow 'merge --reintegrate' for 2-url merges
- improve handling of missing fsfs.conf during hotcopy
- escape unsafe characters in a URL during export
- don't leak stale locks in FSFS
- better detect broken working copies during update over ra_neon
- fsfs: make rev files read-only
- properly canonicalize a URL
- fix wc corruption with 'commit --depth=empty'
- permissions fixes when doing reintegrate merges
- fix mergeinfo miscalculation during 2-url merges
- fix error transmission problems in svnserve
- fixed: record-only merges create self-referential mergeinfo
- make 'svnmucc propset' handle existing and non-existing URLs
- add new 'propsetf' subcommand to svnmucc
- emit a warning about copied dirs during ci with limited depth
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected subversion package.