Fedora 13 : php-pear-CAS-1.1.3-1.fc13 (2010-15943)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 50028
SynopsisThe remote Fedora host is missing a security update.
DescriptionThis release contains 3 security fixes for vulnerabilities in the proxy callback mechanism. These vulnerabilities only affect phpCAS clients that are running in proxy() mode. The release is fully compatible with all versions 1.1.x versions.
The changes are :
- CVE-2010-3690 phpCAS: XSS during a proxy callback [PHPCAS-80] (Joachim Fritschi)
- CVE-2010-3691 phpCAS: prevent symlink attacks during a proxy callback [PHPCAS-80] (Joachim Fritschi)
- CVE-2010-3692 phpCAS: directory traversal during a proxy callback [PHPCAS-80] (Joachim Fritschi)
- fix broken redirection with safari [PHPCAS-79] (Alex Barker)
- fix missing exit() call during ticket validation [PHPCAS-76] (Igor Blanco,Joachim Fritschi)
- fix a notice because REQUEST_URL is not defined on IIS [PHPCAS-81] (Inaki Arenaza)
- fix a typo in pgt-db.php [PHPCAS-75] (Julien Cochennec)
- removal of the non functional pgt-db backend [PHPCAS-81] (Joachim Fritschi)
Note that Tenable Network Security has extracted the preceding description block directly from the Fedora security advisory. Tenable has attempted to automatically clean and format it as much as possible without introducing additional issues.
SolutionUpdate the affected php-pear-CAS package.