Mandriva Linux Security Advisory : mysql (MDVSA-2010:155-1)
Medium Nessus Plugin ID 48399
SynopsisThe remote Mandriva Linux host is missing one or more security updates.
DescriptionMultiple vulnerabilities has been found and corrected in mysql :
MySQL before 5.1.48 allows remote authenticated users with alter database privileges to cause a denial of service (server crash and database loss) via an ALTER DATABASE command with a #mysql50# string followed by a . (dot), .. (dot dot), ../ (dot dot slash) or similar sequence, and an UPGRADE DATA DIRECTORY NAME command, which causes MySQL to move certain directories to the server data directory (CVE-2010-2008).
Additionally many security issues noted in the 5.1.49 release notes has been addressed with this advisory as well, such as :
- LOAD DATA INFILE did not check for SQL errors and sent an OK packet even when errors were already reported.
Also, an assert related to client-server protocol checking in debug servers sometimes was raised when it should not have been. (Bug#52512) (CVE-2010-3683)
- Using EXPLAIN with queries of the form SELECT ... UNION ... ORDER BY (SELECT ... WHERE ...) could cause a server crash. (Bug#52711) (CVE-2010-3682)
- The server could crash if there were alternate reads from two indexes on a table using the HANDLER interface.
- A malformed argument to the BINLOG statement could result in Valgrind warnings or a server crash.
- Incorrect handling of NULL arguments could lead to a crash for IN() or CASE operations when NULL arguments were either passed explicitly as arguments (for IN()) or implicitly generated by the WITH ROLLUP modifier (for IN() and CASE). (Bug#54477) (CVE-2010-3678)
- Joins involving a table with with a unique SET column could cause a server crash. (Bug#54575) (CVE-2010-3677)
- Use of TEMPORARY InnoDB tables with nullable columns could cause a server crash. (Bug#54044) (CVE-2010-3680)
The updated packages have been patched to correct these issues.
Packages for 2009.1 was not provided with the MDVSA-2010:155 advisory.
This advisory provides the missing packages.
SolutionUpdate the affected packages.