New! Vulnerability Priority Rating (VPR)
Tenable calculates a dynamic VPR for every vulnerability. VPR combines vulnerability information with threat intelligence and machine learning algorithms to predict which vulnerabilities are most likely to be exploited in attacks. Read more about what VPR is and how it's different from CVSS.
VPR Score: 6.7
SynopsisThe remote Windows host contains a web browser that is affected by multiple vulnerabilities.
DescriptionThe installed version of Firefox is earlier than 3.5.10. Such versions are potentially affected by the following security issues :
- A memory corruption vulnerability can lead to arbitrary code execution if garbage collection is carefully timed after DOM nodes are moved between documents.
- Multiple crashes can result in arbitrary code execution. (MFSA 2010-26)
- An error in 'nsCycleCollector' may allow access to a previously freed resource leading to arbitrary code execution. (MFSA 2010-27)
- A plugin is allowed to hold a reference to an object owned by a second plugin even after the second plugin is unloaded and the referenced object no longer exists.
This could allow arbitrary code execution. (MFSA 2010-28)
- An error in 'nsGenericDOMDataNode' allows a buffer overflow in certain DOM nodes leading to arbitrary code execution. (MFSA 2010-29)
- An error in a XSLT node sorting function contains an integer overflow leading to application crashes and possible arbitrary code execution. (MFSA 2010-30)
- A cross-site scripting vulnerability exists when content from one domain is embedded in pages from other domains and the 'focus()' function is used, leading to information disclosure. (MFSA 2010-31)
- The HTTP header, 'Content-Disposition: attachment', is ignored when the HTTP header 'Content-Type: multipart' is present. This could allow cross-site scripting to occur. (MFSA 2010-32)
- The pseudo-random number generator is only seeded once per browsing session and 'Math.random()' may be used to recover the seed value allowing the browser instance to be tracked across different websites. (MFSA 2010-33)
SolutionUpgrade to Firefox 3.5.10 or later.